Congratulations to Sarah Newton on her sterling performance. Now she has a truly prestigious award as the top taster at the competition.
By the way she did manage to finalise a little qualification and is now a Cape Wine Master. I am sure, however, that she will value this tasting performance above all else!
Rats had 38 people attend, and Vats 17. Here are the Rats top 10 scores.
1. Sarah Newton – 67
2. Mark Connor – 58
3. Christopher – 49
4. Sophia Dower – 48
5. Lindsay (did not put her surname on sheet) – 40 Novice
6. Mandy Spurdle – 38 Novice
7. Christine Render – 38 Novice
8. Gian parker – 34
9. Terry Odgers – 32
10. Petra Preuss & Carina de Villiers (Novice) + another person who did not write their name on the sheet- 31
The Rats score was 435 and the Vats Score 226.
Thanks very much to Geoff for putting the show together although the Chenin-styled Pinot Grigio was a bit nasty!
Also many thanks to Rainold who supplied the sauce for superb Prego’s and to Dave Moss who supplied the cooking equipment.
And of course many thanks to all our members and to the visitors from Vats who made it such a fun evening.
1. Flat Roof Manor Pinot Grigio 2009
2. Graham Beck Game Keepers Reserve Chenin Blanc 2009
3. Constantia Uitsig (Unwooded) Chardonnay 2009
4. Nitida Semillon 2009
5. Two Oceans Pinot Noir 2009
6. Laibach Merlot 2007
7. Elgin Vintners Third Edition Shiraz 2007
8. Neil Ellis Cabernet Sav 2007