benefiting Woodland School & Happy Acres
Sunday 31 May – 11am to 3.00pm
at the “Old Mill” (opp. Happy Acres, Magaliesberg)
Situated on the banks of the picturesque Magalies River, “The Old Mill” is just 40 minutes from
Jhb’s Northern Suburbs.
Take pleasure in tasting some of South Africa’s best Port, Red Wines, Sherry, Grappa, Potstill Brandy & Dessert Wines in a tranquil outdoor setting!
- Designated Drivers will be allowed free entrance
- Jumping Castles & Supervised Entertainment for children will be available
- Hot “Winter” food will be on sale
- In support of the school fundraising, no cooler boxes, braais or picnic baskets will be allowed in.
- Shuttle Bus – Sunset Travel will be running a shuttle to & from the festival. Contact Cliff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 083 444 6060
- Accommodation – See www.WineFestival.co.za for details
GATES OPEN AT 11H00
Enquiries: Ken on 082 571 2753 or email email@example.com
The Cellar Rats Port & Red Wine Festival is held in aid of Woodland School & Happy Acres in Magaliesberg.
The Port & Red Wine Festival, is an outdoor event and is held on a large country estate in Magaliesberg, approximately 45 minutes’ drive from Johannesburg. Loads of rolling lawn & large trees, and a river to stroll along, make this an ideal setting. This is a family festival, with supervised entertainment for children while the parents relax and enjoy the wines in the countryside. Wood fires will be lit if the weather is cold.
Designated Drivers get in for free. We introduced this policy at our inaugural Spring Wine festival in 2001 and to our knowledge we are still the only wine festival that offers this to our patrons.
In support of the school fundraising, no cooler boxes, picnic baskets or braais will be allowed in – refreshments & food will be on sale. Please bring your own blankets & chairs.
“Winter” food, refreshments (coffee, hot chocolate, soft drinks, water, beers, wine etc), and tuck shop sweets, crisps etc will be available at the venue.
From Johannesburg Northern Suburbs
1. Take Beyers Naude (ex-DF Malan) north past Honeydew.
2. Take the N14 highway (extension of R28), towards Krugersdorp
3. At traffic lights turn RIGHT onto the N14.
4. Follow N14 for 10km until T-junction (opp. Oak Tree Garage).
5. Turn RIGHT and go straight on the Hekpoort Road for approx 10km.
6. Take the first tar road LEFT to MAROPENG.
7. Turn right at 4-way stop onto R24.
8. Follow R24 for approx 3km (you’ll pass Orient Butchery on right hand side and Corriloch Fish Farm on left hand side).
9. Look for “PARKING” signs on right hand side of road as you go through sharp bend (opposite Happy Acres).
10. Turn right into PARKING. Park and follow directions to CELLAR RATS FESTIVAL
11. GPS Coordinates: S26° 00.485’ , E27° 33.913’
1. Take R28 towards Krugersdorp (This becomes the N14). Follow from Step 3 above..
CELLAR RATS WINE TASTING CLUB
Festival Web Address: http://www.WineFestival.co.za
Cellar Rats Web Address: http://www.CellarRats.co.za