Next TastingsMay2Wed7:00 pm Star Hill wines – Harry Dare GM ... @ Morningside Country Club, Tennis SectionStar Hill wines – Harry Dare GM ... @ Morningside Country Club, Tennis SectionMay 2 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pmThe tasting will feature the wines of Star Hill. Here is what you can look forward to: Star Hill Blanc de Noir 2016 Star Hill Blanc de Noir 2017 Star Hill Sauvignon Blanc 2017 Star Hill Viognier 2014 Star Hill Viognier 2016 Star Hill Shiraz 2015 Star Hill Fountainhead[...] Read More →May16Wed7:00 pm Practice tasting for Rats Vats u... @ Morningside Country Club, Tennis SectionPractice tasting for Rats Vats u... @ Morningside Country Club, Tennis SectionMay 16 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pmWe will have an educational tasting for the upcoming competition. It is great fun with four whites and reds to be tasted blind. Only the top ten tasters count so there is no downside.
Home » SA Wine Links
- Alluvia – a Stellenbosch Wine Estate offering luxury Cape Winelands Accommodation
- Backsberg Estate: “Making fine wine an everyday pleasure”
- Blaauwklippen – We are the SA HOME OF ZINFANDEL!
- Bin Club – Our focus is on storing good wines in ideal conditions, monitoring them and sending updates to our members on the wines that they are storing with us.
- Bosman Family Vineyards – A Family story of vine to wine……
- Cape Wine Academy
- Carolines Wine Warehouse Caroline Rillema of Caroline’s Fine Wines opened the Warehouse e-commerce venture to provide South African’s with access to quality every-day wines at discounted prices.
- Cloof – comprehensive info about the wines produced at Cloof; news about events and goings on. Online ordering for national deliveries.
- Constantia Valley – Constantia Valley’s wine route site
- CyberCellar: South African wine online, world-wide deliveries, auctions, wine club and great specials available. “Where else can you buy virtually all your South African wine?”
- eWine – Buying South African Wine? South Africa’s newest wine portal not only offers wine sales but offers winemaker comments, digital interviews, winery information, wine tourism, special offers, food and wine pairing and almost anything related to South African wine
- Flagstone Wines – Passionate winemaking
- Graham Beck Wines: Detailed notes on the wines. Food and wine matches.
- GrottoCellars are passionate about the proper storage of wine. With years of experience in the wine industry and having traveled the world’s finest wine regions, we understand the importance of preserving your wine investment. Design a custom wine rack or cellar at Grotto Cellars.
- InfoWeb – Information about South African Wine for German speaking people.
- Ira Wines – We are a Gauteng based wine distributor representing unique wines from McGregor Winery; David Frost Estates & Org de Rac Domain (certified organic wines). Wine stocks are kept in Johannesburg and we deliver in Gauteng free of charge!!
- Kempen Wines – South Africa’s Premier Wine House and Wholesale Merchants outside the Western Cape
- Klein Constantia
- Morgenhof Wines: Wine assessment by Dave Hughes. Video clips.
- Niel Joubert Wines
- Rickety Bridge Winery is an historic Franschhoek wine estate. Situated in the renowned Franschhoek valley, the food and wine capital of South Africa, the Rickety Bridge winery and Country Manor House nestle against the hillside overlooking vineyards and the majestic Wemmershoek Mountains. The land dates back to 1694 when the farms were granted to the first French Huguenots who settled in the area. Rickety Bridge was originally part of La Provence farm, one of the first seven French Huguenot farms in Franschhoek. Over the years, this property was subdivided and on 13 May 1797, the current section of land was granted to the widow, Paulina De Villiers. The property changed hands a number of times and in the 1980’s became known as Rickety Bridge due to the old railway sleeper bridge which crossed the Franschhoek River on the property. Today this Franschhoek wine estate is home to a modern boutique-style winery, a unique restaurant, romantic wedding and function venue, conference centre and luxurious 4 star accommodation.
- Roggeland Cape Winelands Guest House – Roggeland Country house is a Cape Winelands guest house situated in Paarl
- SaleWine.co.za is the premier online wine retailer for South African wine lovers who enjoy quality branded wines at a guaranteed lowest delivered price
- SO2Go South Africa – Removes the sulphur preservatives from wine. Removes the headache, red rash, sneezing…etc side effects one may receive when drinking wine high in sulphur. Can be used in Champagne, ciders, some beers and orange juice.
- South African Wine News: Aimed at the industry. Free e-mail subscription.
- Spit or Swallow – Spit or Swallow is a website for wine enthusiasts who visit a lot of wine farms. You can log your experience here and also read what other had to say about specific farms. We do not edit comment, so straight-shooters are welcome. Do you spit or swallow?
- Stables (The Stables) – KZN’s pioneering wine farm…they have certified wines from KZN, won awards for these wines, and are generally proving that wine can be successfully produced from grapes outside of the Cape. Awarded the ‘Most Innovative Tourism Project of the Year 2007’ by TKZN and made “Finalist in the KZN Top Business Portfolio Awards” for 2007/2008
- Stellenbosch Farmer’s Winery: SFW, Cape Wine Academy, Nederburg, Zonnebloem, Plaisir De Merle, the
- Thelema Mountain Vineyards – A family owned and managed wine estate at the top of the Helshoogte Pass in Stellenbosch, South Africa. They have two vineyards from two different terroirs in the Cape Winelands.
- Time4Wine – Speciality Wine store in Pretoria. Bringing the Cape to the Capital. A selection of over 350 South African Farms.
- VATS – The second best wine club in Gauteng
- Waterfrontweb – The Internet Shopping Cart built for the wine industry
- Wine Cellar – Storage of wine in a secure, temperature controlled environment. They also bring in fine wines from Europe, including a couple from Chile, Argentina and the Antipodeans. They offer a few SA estates (de Trafford, The foundry etc) en-primeur as well as Bordeaux en-primeur.
- Wine Dot Coza – Comprehensive guide to South African wine
- Wine Diary – What’s on in the winelands of the Cape
- Wine Direct – Buy wine from South Africa’s leading Direct Order wine company. The Right Wines, At The Right Price, Direct To Your Door.
- Wine Emporium – MWeb’s wine buyers site
- Wine Guide to South Africa – Comprehensive german guide to the wines and wineries of South Africa.
- WineNet – The knowledge network for the South African wine farmer
- WineNews – On-line newspaper of the South African wine industry
- WineSeller: Cybershop by Steven Rom Wine Merchants. General information on the wine
- WineTrader – Buy South African wine on-line
- WineWeb offers direct sales of South African wines and on-line shopping cart solutions for the wine industry
- Wynboer Magazine (VinPro(SA)): Selected articles from Wynboer, including English translations of some of the technical articles.
Other Interesting Sites
- CapeInfoSA – Southern African Travel, Event and Entertainment portal – include pages called – Wineline, Winenews, etc.
- Wine Guide – Index of wine related sites
- LocalWineEvents.com – “The largest wine & spirits calendar in the world” is how they describe themselves
- The Wine Anorak – Excellent site with SA and international tasting notes. Worth a visit.
- Narrowgate Vineyards – An award winning El Dorado winery in the Sierra foothills, creates wines in the Rhone style.
Add a site:
Please email TERRY with the name, URL and description of the site you would like to add